Search my Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Bening Betik

Seen this dish at Cik Mat Gebu's house which made me craving for it. I happened to mention it to my hubby and he went and search for young papaya at the market without me knowing. He was fortunate enough to find one although it is not the red type like what I saw at Cik Mat's house. Mmmmuuaahhh for my loving hubby!

This dish is a healthy one and suitable for those on diet:

INGREDIENTS:
½-1 small Young Papaya - peeled, seeded & cubed
2 spoon Ikan Bilis/Anchovies - washed
3 Shallots*
1 clove Garlic*
1 Red Chilli* (*sliced)
1 Lemongrass - knocked
1 Turmeric leaf - torn to smaller pieces
1 Maggee Ikan Bilis minicube
Salt, Sugar, MSG & Pepper

METHOD:
1. Place 2 cups of water in a pot & place all ingredients.
Ensure that enough water to cover the young papaya.
Boil until young papaya is soft.

2. Serve with white rice along with Sambal Belacan or your favourite chilli sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)