Search my Blog

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fish with Sour Brinjal (Terung Asam)

This was cooked for yesterday dinner but I couldn't update it yesterday because I had such a terrible neck pain & hence could not sit long behind the pc. I have few more outstanding postings for foods that I prepared today and hopefully my neck can support me to stay a while longer, otherwise expect late entries again.

Sour Brinjal locally known as Terung Asam resembles the normal brinjal but taste wise is very different. The texture is tougher and the taste is sourish. It is typically cooked in chili & turmeric broth with or without fish.

Source: HomeKreation
INGREDIENTS:
1 Sour Brinjal / Terung Asam
2 small Fish (optional) 
1 Red Chili*
3 Shallots*
1 clove Garlic* (* pounded)
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
Salt

METHOD:
1. Halved the sour brinjal & sliced. 
No need to peel as it will be easily peeled off after cooked.

2.Place all ingredients in a saucepan & add water sufficiently.
Boil until fish is cooked & the sour brinjal is soft.

3. Serve with white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use OpenID if you do not have any account.
(Sila guna OpenID untuk tinggalkan komen anda jika tiada akaun Google)